Thread: Mom's visit!
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 12:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lois, yes everyday. My chest/breathing muscles ache and I get shortness of breath every morning after about 1 1/2 to 2 hours of being up first thing in the morning. Then I lay down and rest and after 30-60 minutes of rest get another cup of coffee (and Mestinon, 90 mgs, every 3-4 hours like clockwork) and then can do my 30 minutes of exercise. Continuous moderate exercise of 30 minutes seems to make me feel like I have more energy.

I try to grocery shop with my husband. Usually I am only good for a short time and have to go to car and rest. My eyes start aching, I feel off balance, my legs begin dragging, and I hold on to the cart. My neck muscles start giving out and I end up sitting down, but better yet, I try to walk back to car and rest. Also, I become very sensitive to the temperature. I usually feel like I am cold to freezing and like the warm car...........

People, (Mom, sister, etc.) sometimes wear me out too. Don't get me wrong, I do love them alot. Sometimes when I drive my mom to the mall I end up having to rest because my legs become weak and my breathing muscles ache. Again I sit on a bench with Mom, put on my sun glasses , close my eyes and rest. Best place is in my car with the seat reclined. My mom is patient and seems to understand. After about 30 to 60 minutes I am okay. I try to limit my outings to 2 hours.

Lois sorry to ramble. I am glad to hear people like you experiencing the same symptoms I do. Sorry. You are not alone and neither am I.

Take care fellow MGer!
snidermame is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote