View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 06:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default yes!!!

I can totally relate to everything peg leg. My lower back is very messed up, pinched nerves, piriformus and sciatica pain, etc. I am always in severe pain in lower back and pins and needle pain in shoulders. I get botox in shoulders which unfortunately doesn't help. He said I may have dystonia in shoulders.
As to injections, I too am having them between L4 and L5. It was so swollen in that area, that's what they told me, that it was hard avoiding hitting nerve. He hit nerve and I could feel it sparking all the way down my leg. They injected pain med after that and it put tremendous pressure on said nerve causing more pain. Next injection, they said it shouldn't be as swollen thus less pain. So on next injection He hit nerve again with pain worse than first. The relief after shot was good, but only lasted about 1 week. I am due for my 3rd injection next week and really dread it. I asked to be sedated and they said we usually don't sedate for this procedure but they will check with doctor.
I am going to follow thru with it, I think I can, I think I can, ..... After this fails I am going to try acupunture.
My body is so twisted due to injuries suffered in car accident and parkinsons that I walk like quasimoto. My doc also says pain is usually not part of pd, but that is absolute bull#$^&*.
I see my neuro on Monday and am going to try and get recommended for long term disability with my company. I sit in front of computer all day with lots of mousing. Makes the pins and needles in shoulder hurt like hell and sitting all day is hard on my back. Don't get me wrong, I love my job,, but physically it is getting pretty bad.

dbiker2, just noticed you're in Seattle area. I too am from northwest-spokane, wa.

Last edited by libra; 08-21-2008 at 06:03 AM. Reason: addition
libra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote