View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 08:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Daniella, I live six hours away from Cleveland Clinic but I have to say I feel every uncomfortable mile is worth the trip. They are the only group I have found that actually know how to treat RSD. I am needing a serious bone grafting surgery on my right hand and I am now consulting with doctors at CC. They work with Dr. Stanton-Hicks to provide the best medical care to help with pain and to minimize the chances of a RSD spread.

I know these decisions are not easy to make but I just wanted to let you know I think you are going to a great medical facility. To help with the drive I always go to the library and pick up a couple of books on tape. This has really helped to make the trip go a bit faster and to get my mind off of my fears and anxiety. There is a series of books called the Kinsey Millhone Alphabet Mysteries by Sue Grafton that we listen to on the drive. We love them and it really helps to kill the time. You might look into this as doing anything you can to keep your limbic system calm will help.
Coffeebean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote