View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 11:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default First Appointment Over

Just finished appointment--was pretty straightforward really. He did some kind of preliminary screen/test by testing my reflexes, using a tuning fork, pushing my toes up and down, and pricking me with a safety pin.

The scary part was when he asked me to close my eyes and stand up. I was very dizzy--and didn't even realize this before. He had me do the sobriety test--one foot in front of the other, and I failed that as well. I was very surpised! The dizzyness, he said, could be the neuropathy--or the Lyrica, which just today, I have finally made it to my "regular" dose of 200mg in the morning and 200mg in the evening. Perhaps it was the Lyrica, because I don't remember being dizzy at all lately.

I could feel when he moved my toes up and down, and my reflexes were good. However, I didn't do great on the tuning fork test, and I couldn't feel the safety pin pricks AT ALL. That kind of scared me, as well.

So next Tuesday I'm having an EMG done. He said because of the intense pain, but that I didn't have alot of numbness (which I thought I had), it could be a particular kind of NP--which I can't remember the name of. Basically it has very little if any numbness, but lots of intense pain.

I guess I'll find out more on Tuesday!

Thanks for your support guys.
brandtryan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (08-21-2008)