View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious View Post
maybe an odd question...but i thought it would be a good one for people like us in chronic pain.

do you think the average pain scale works for us?

for me, the answer is no.

i have had pain since i was 12. it's always there in some level.
I agree with you on the pain scale. I also have been in pain all my life...Spina Bifida...so when a doc asks me where my pain is I look at him and usually say...not sure...let me think on it.

I have had to push my pain back if you know what I mean, to be able to function.

Whenever we go on a road trip or doing other tasks when I am not able to medicate my pain, I fall a part within miles of our home. The pain catches up with me and wow...

I once told a doc when he asked where my pain was and I said 10+ and he said that if my pain was that bad I should be crying...I told him I was crying inside and will really cry when I get to my car...

Therefore, I guess my answer would be no the pain scale does not apply to everyone!

I hope your pain is something you can deal with today...

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (08-21-2008), Vonn07 (09-19-2008)