View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 01:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't know if this is what they are looking for. but here goes.

The first year that the drug program was implemented I enrolled in the program recommended by my insurance agent. I hit the donut hole in July. So, when I was to select a provider for the 2nd year I called several different providers and was told that only Humana did not have a donut hole. So, I contacted Humana. I gave them the list of meds that I took and was told that if I enrolled in their most expensive plan ($88.00/month) and bought my meds from their mailorder pharmacy, I would not hit the hole until October. I enrolled. The total for all my meds would be about $350/month. I paid the premium for January and got my meds. I don't remember if there was a deductible. I again paid the premiums and ordered my meds for Febraury & March. I paid the premium for April, but since I had DBS on April 4th I held off on ordering meds until I got home. When I phoned to order the meds they took the order, but phoned me the next day to tell me that there had been a price increase and now one of my meds would be $1,304.00 for one month. I told them to cancel the order. I wrote to Humana and told them that I felt that they did not hold up their end of the agreement and stopped paying the premium. They have since turned my account over to a collection agency and itis showing as a bad debt on my credit report. I'm sure that Medicare is still deducting a premium, but I can't get an answer from them on this.
MKane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote