Thread: Had neuro appt.
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 07:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Had neuro appt.

Well, it was somewhat informative.

This was my 2nd appt with the neuro and he specalizes in movement disorders and Parkinsons. With the results of my NCV he said that we need to look at a Neuopathy that mimics MS (based on my sx). He went over all my bloods and said that all my tests have ruled out all the usual stuff and now we need to dig deeper.

Sooo...I am being referred to a Neuro who specializes in PN. Now he tells me it is hard to get in to see this guy so he scheduled another appt to see me in 3 months. This is just in case the new Neuro can see me before then. He does not want to let me fall throught the crack. I think he saw the progression that has occurred over the last 6 months. So that's all good. More waiting but that's ok. He also gave me phone numbers to contact an RN that works with him in case i need it.

Sooo, the bad news...I have lost the vibration sensation in my great toe on the right side again and now have no response with the sole scratch test. Not sure what that means but I'm guessing it's not good.

Kelly