View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazelle View Post

Lemme just say that I DESPISE them. Loathe them. HATE them. Cannot STAND them. They STINK! ALL of them.
We have "Provincial" car insurance, and EVERYONE insures through the same company. That probably sounds like it could be quite the scam, but it has worked very well for the last 30 or so years.

Ours is owned by the government, and like all our social programs, has a responsibility to ensure they do right by the people. If it doesn't, then people just move onto another government social program . . . and then the squabbling starts.

It's not a perfect system, and of course I'd like to see it cover more . . . but it is not a rip-off either. It wouldn't matter if we left our keys in the car, we would be covered (isn't that an "accident"?).

What I don't get about some insurance companies, especially vehicle ones, is that it is supposed to cover people when they screw up. If no one had an "accident", then there would be no need for insurance, would there? There are limits, of course . . . and a need for "user pays" contingencies . . . but from what I've heard from others, some companies have really taken that to the bank!

Good luck.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Gazelle (08-22-2008), weegot5kiz (08-22-2008)