View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 10:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Hi Everyone! Just signed up....

Thanks to FaithS for showing this message board to me. I see many familiar usernames from another forum specifically for MS. All people that I miss...

I'm 39, married to a wonderful man, have a 16 year old son, and still work full time. I was officially diagnosed with MS on August 25, 2005. My wedding anniversary, of all days! I can see symptoms up to 6 years prior to that. I was never in limbo, though. I had a diagnosis about 6 weeks after the onset of Bells Palsy that extended past the normal symptoms.

I started on Rebif but had to quit after 14 months due to liver enzymes that reached almost 200. I took a break from meds and ended up with optic neuritis. That was July of 2007 and I still haven't fully recovered. I started Copaxone 12/27/07 and have been enjoying it until recently. It seems to be aggravating my asthma. So I'm on 1/2 dose this month to see if I can tolerate it. If so, I'll try 3/4 dose. My neuro really wants me on Avonex, but I don't want those flu-like side effects or the potential liver problems again. My other option would be Tysabri, but I'm just not ready to risk getting PML. I'm the one in a million....if it's a possible side effect, I usually get it.

So that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Lois
LoisLane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote