Thread: Selfish spouse?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 06:45 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi. I am sorry for your wifes struggle and yours as well. I know this takes a toll on the whole family. I can relate to this whole situation. I would never do anything to myself but the thoughts and words have come out like with your wife. My biggest support is my mom and I know those words just kill her so I am trying to use the coping skills I have learned through many years of therapy. I have been only dealing with rsd for a year and half but before this I had many years of therapy. Also when I went to a pain clinic day program there was lots of group therapy and I saw how different people deal with pain. As for your wifes therapists mine have said similar about coping with the current and why I feel and it is very hard but someone who deals with people in chronic pain have a better approach on ways to cope. As for the doc giving up it is a hard thing to face when one already is in so much pain and feels so scared and hopeless within. That is I think where you come in and where my mom pushed me to finding another doc and not letting me give up. A random thought and your wife may not know but ask her what you can do for her? I know for me when my mom says that I feel more heard and then she talks to me and calms me down and tells me what things we are doing to help me and it makes me stop and think. So for ex telling your wife that she is going for a scs and that it can really help her get back on her feet and you are always there for her to listen and help. Sorry if this is stupid. I just know for me when people and I am not saying you are doing this but docs,others,etc tell me how I should feel or how I should cope or they say I know how you feel it makes me angry. I would rather someone suggest something to help me or say what do you need. It makes me feel like I have a voice and can be proactive. Another side note I have had 12 years of therapy on and off and the best thing I tried with this was biofeedback. I am going to do it again when I have my surgery with the pt. Really helped me with my anxiety and self calming. Many thoughts and hugs. You are a good man. She is lucky to have you. One more thought and sorry this is a novel but what suports do you have? You can't be there for her if you have no one to support you and keep you going.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote