Thread: Being grumpy
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 09:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcitron View Post
Is this part of the thing, or is it just me lacking patients with everyone else around me, as well as myself?

iI feel like my patience is getting shorter and shorter every day. If my hands aren't working the way they should, or if I stumble, get dizzy, or have trouble with my speaking, I just want to haul out and hit the nearest person next to me. Arrrrgh! To be honest, I wouldn't want to take any piano lessons with myself. I'm pretty evil to my hands when they don't work. If any strangers were in the room, they'd wonder who I was talking with!

If someone else makes a mistake, I'm ready to lash out and rip their head off and then some. Stay clear!

Overall I used to have a pretty quiet personality. I worked in a customer service/support environment for perhaps 15 years now in some form or another. Other people always looked forward to talking to me, and I've mustered up quite a list of follwers. However, this seems to have changed lately. I've been pretty curt on the phone with people, which isn't like me.

So is this part of the deal? If it is, I better find another job and a place to live because I'll be thrown out of both. (Just kidding).

John
John,

I don't have enough experience with PD yet to be able to tell you for sure that this is all because of PD. I can tell you that I am sorry that you are feeling this way right now. In my experience so far, when I don't feel good or I am symptomatic I get grumpy too. I have a lower tolerance for things that never used to bother me. EX: My two kids plus three or four others making a bunch of noise and horsing around! I have noticed that when my body feels stiff and achy, or my arms get really ratchety and my hands shake...or I drop things like my keys in a rain puddle or a special knick knack and it gets broken...I too get frustrated with myself. What I have learned this far is that I need to be kinder to myself. It really is a battle we fight every day. There are only so many things that we are able to control in our lives. My advice is figure out the things that you have the ability to control and do your best with them...but let the other stuff go a little bit. I guess it's kind of like choosing your battles...how much energy do you have? How many battles do you want to take on in a day? I am a neat freak about my house. The Mirapex hasn't helped! The fact of the matter is that for me to have a perfect house is pretty unrealistic. I have kids in and out of here all week long! There came a point when I had to let go a little bit...or I would have wound up locked in a padded room somewhere! I am really just learning to live with this and what I have said is not meant to minimize what you are feeling in any way. I hope that this helps you feel a little better. I hope that you have a better day today.

Evonne
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote