View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 10:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am going thru a lot of pain right now. My '06 MRI shows a herniated L3-4 plus bulging at the other discs plus some stenosis at L3-4. For 8 days I'm in so much pain I could throw up, the pain is worse in the morning hours. The pain is in a different location so my dr thinks it's a facet joint problem pressing on one of the nerves in that area. I'm seeing a chiropractor who's doing Flexion-Distraction on me, its a table that does non surgical decompression. So far no relief, but I'm being told I may need 12 treatments to feel better. Has anyone tried this? I'm not given anything stronger for pain except the Celebrex I take for arthritis and Darvocet which does nothing. I don't know what to do and neither does my doctor. I take a migraine pill and blood pressure pill at bedtime so we're not sure a narcotic at bedtime combined is a good idea. I want to wake up the next day! (or do I? I'm starting to wonder....) To make matters worse, there are no pain mgt. drs. on my ins. plan. well, one is 30 miles away but my husband can not take off work to drive me to a doc 30 miles away all the time - he won't get paid for time off. I am 56 and feel like my life may be over already, I don't know what to do.
StellaP56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote