View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 01:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, I am wondering if you might have trigeminal neuralgia? I have it but it took 10 years to diagnose. It does not show up on the MRI. I thought it was ear infections as the trigeminal pain is right above the ear and the pain radiates. A good sign if that is what it is is that it does not respond to traditional pain killers - they give me tegratol for it instead, which works somewhat but only after a day or so. I also have the severe dry eye - they are thinking Sjogren's but tests don't prove it.....
I don't know what rsd is, but some of your symptoms sound auto immune

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
I had seen 2 neurologists last year for my leg pain and I have peripheral neuropathy/rsd. I had an mri of my brain and spine and ankle which came out ok. Then in Nov I developed severe dry eye and blepheritis. I have been to 6 opthamologists and about 25 eye apts countless meds. My eye pain has gotten worse and along with that the side of the face the bad eye and ear has developed severe pain. Also I have many eye floaters that are always there but some days seem to be many more. I have had them dialated and full exam like 4 times and they think everything is fine. My face and ear pain along with eye has come to be very severe and I am wondering now if it may not be an eye issue only. Would a neurologist again be beneficial? None of the docs I see think there is a connection between my rsd/pn and the leg with the eye though but since my face/ear has begun to hurt and I don't have an ear infection I am wondering. Thanks
Fran E is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote