View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 02:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default my thoughts

dyskinesia is a very odd thing....I don't think anyone really understands it. It is a form of Irritation to our systems, brought on by levodopa...but what is it about the levodopa that causes us to start to move so bizzaarly. It seems to effect our muscles, tendons and it's as if some evil puppeteer has control of our strings. I experience less of it if I eat a lot of veg and carbs in small increments as a compliment to my medication. I've also found that sometimes we just need a good drink of water. Does that wash out some of the whatever it is thats irritating our system. Is it a byproduct of the use of levodopa that our bodies get overloaded with. There are way more questions than answers.
Because mucuna is a naturally occurring form of levodopa, it's only logical to assume that it can create dyskinesia but the why, and how are just speculation. because its in its naturally occcuring form with no additives (not Zandopa) it should be less likely to cause dyskinesia. I'm just dabbling in mucuna for the moment. The one big plus so faris I sleep really well at night. However it doesn't seem to help much with my tremor, my most stubborn symptom.