View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 09:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Possibly alcoholic neuropathy

Hi everyone Im new here and looking for advice. Around 2 month ago the soles of my feet went numb followed by pins n needles and now they both burn. The tingling has also spread to my hands. I did an Electrical test (not sure of name) on my feet at a hospital in Bkk where the neuro didn't tell me much except "not as bad as he thought" and gave me 300gm of lyrica and 25 g of Nortipolyn to take every day.I All of my blood work came back as normal and my liver is in perfect condition even though I have been drinking for 30 years non stop including binging most weekends. I have also had several alcohol withdrawal seizures over that time.I handle my my booze very well and most cant tell when Im drunk. Im 46y male. Am going to see a neuro in Australia next month and will take a copy of my reports. In the meantime Im taking the following supplements and would like to know if I should be taking anything else

Vitamin b group inc thiamine

Neuromet is Mecobalamin, each 1 ml ampoule contain 500mcg mecobalamin and each tablet contains 500 mcg mecobalamin. Neuromet is indicated in peripheral neuropathies, megaloblastic anemia due to vitamin B12 deficiciences

magnesium,Calcium, vitamin D,fish oil, folic acid

I have scaled back the pain killers to just 75mg of Lyrica/day

I also had chronic gout in both legs whilst in hospital and am taking 300mg puride per day. They also gave me oral steroids to take for a week to stop the swelling

The most annoying problem is the constant minor swelling of my right foot giving me permanent stabbing pain when walking and dont think its gout but neuro related. The steroids help but don't think I should be taking them to often right? The burning is annoying and the lyrica helps but don't like the spaced out feeling

Anything else I should be doing for this? many thanks for any responses
zorro1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote