View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 10:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi JJ,
I am 63 now. I had my back messed up 21 years ago. I am just detoxing off morphine because of life threatening respiratory issues.

They tell me I am depressed. I tell them I am frustrated. I have everything in the world going for me and the medical issues frustrate me. With good health, my wife and I could travel to see friends, etc.

By they, I mean the doctors. Even my wife once in awhile. I think I understand how you feel. I am "concrete sequential" in my thinking (per my wife and her degree in psychology) and I like for 2 + 2 to equal 4. I am logical. You sound like your brain is working fine. You have some medical problems and whatever you do, don't let them put you on the "anxiety" drugs unless you really know what is going on. I was put on one after another after another after another for about 15 months. I took everything but Prozac.... none helped. I stared at the ceiling. They said I was "high strung". I am. I am a type "A" to the max. They can do you more harm than good if you are not careful. In fairness to the doctors,
they gave me these drugs in 2003-2004. NOW they seem to understand the drugs and their side effects better. Please be careful. Just because they are doctors ... they do not know you as well as you do. Hope that made sense.

God Bless You JJ, you have some rough days ahead, but it sounds like you can handle them.