Thread: Being grumpy
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 10:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Off the top of my head and generally speaking

Lashing out CAN be a sign of clinical depression. I'm talking about the kind of depression that's more than down-in-the-dumps, the kind that isn't about anything, it just is. It's not something you can shake off by yourself. I'm one of the up to 50% of PWPs who have an endogenous clinical depression. I've been treated for this for 10 years (along with my PD), with both antidepressants and training to maintain an attitude of optimism. It's not something you can diagnose yourself, either. With any luck, your neuro might be wise enough to adjust your meds and refer you to a neuropsychiatarist experienced with PD. Exercise also helps.

Whatever the cause of your own particular grumpiness, give some thought to how you want to spend the rest of your life and what kind of person you want to be. Only you and the light that guides you can decide these things and what you want to do about them. I love rosebud's steps for dealing with the burden we carry.

As for fatigue, one of our more intractable symptoms, I've found that sometimes meds can be adjusted to help, or a daily nap can be arranged. My former employer allowed me a nap every afternoon, an accommodation I had never dreamed of.

The frustration can be overwhelming if we let it in. My own trick is to say, "Well, that's just how my body works right now."

Enough about me. Best of luck.

Jaye
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jcitron (08-25-2008), Yam1 (08-25-2008)