View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 11:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

brandytryan,

It is August 22 and I THINK I am over the withdrawals. I don't know for sure. One doctor told me the withdrawal symptoms can last up to 90 days. I hope not. I was dependent and not addicted.

Since April 10, 2008 my life has not been pleasant. I had oral surgery (I drank drano when I was 3 and had false teeth at 4-5) where they cut a large portion of the roof of my mouth off, then sewed it to my lower gums. My gums were severely damaged in 1948. THEN, adding insult to injury, as the pain was subsiding, I had tooth aches in the whole upper right side of my mouth. I had a root canal on May 9th. They said I had a jaw infection, so more meds. About 2 weeks or so later, I had a similar toothache. Another root canal was ordered. Then we had all the fires in California and I couldn't breathe, so I went on Prednisone for about 5 to 6 weeks while I stayed home, inside, next to one of my 6 HEPA filters. My Heat/Air has HEPA filters in them too. More fun. Our grandson, whom we affectionately refer to as "Typhoid Lucas" came over and made everyone sick. Even my wife, who taught elementary school since Lincoln was President is sick. Three of us have lung infections and I went into my "Chronic Bronchitis" mode and more antibiotics. He gave us the cold/flu lung infection over 2 weeks ago and we are still sick. 134 days & counting.

I entered the detox phase July 19th. I am doing better......... but there is a severe complication.

My Restless Legs Syndrome and an unknown (as yet) neurological problem has made my
life more complicated. Only 7.5mg of Oxycodone relieves it. So I had to get a script for the Oxycodone again. I start getting RLS about 6pm, the bottoms of my feet start first. I was told it is probably fibromyalgia, sooooooo who knows. I feel like my doctors are waiting for me to complete all detox before they try to diagnose it.

HOW CAN I DETOX FROM OPIATES IF I AM ON OPIATES??????????????????????????????
In fairness to them, I have tried ReQuip, Neurontin and other meds. None have handled the RLS. I was told the Oxycodone is out of my system in about 6 or so hours. IF that is true, and I take my 2nd 7.5mg (half of a 15mg) around 11pm, how can I sleep to 7am without the RLS coming back??? Maybe I am splitting hairs, but I am really trying to understand what is happening.

Some of the medical problems I had with Avinza have gotten MUCH better in the last ten days or so. Bladder problems for example. My breathing is much, much better. I sleep on a Respironics BiPAP Auto Servo Ventilator. Operative word is Ventilator. I bought software to track my problems and Encore Pro 1.8+ reports I have hit 30 cmH2O for 30 straight minutes. The National Jewish Hospital in Denver, CO is the #1 Respiratory Hospital in the USA for 11 straight years. I was tested for over a month last summer (2007) and was told a pressure of 20 cmH2O is like a hurricane in our throats .... so what is 30 cmH2O? One dr. asked me if it hurt. I told him I guessed not, I was asleep. NOW my numbers are much better. I am initiating most of my own breaths. THAT is a major improvement.

I really appreciate your suggestion and will keep it in mind. I don't feel dependent on the Oxycodone, and frankly don't take it for the coughing anymore (Bronchitis can cause rib pain among other things) ... I guess I will be on it until we figure out what to do about the
RLS. I am thinking about trying Acupuncture.

Life is complicated.