View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 10:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused new here, head pain, cant sleep either

Hi there...I found your site after looking for information regarding Occipital Neuralgia. Started out by hitting my head against a screen door. Dont ask Tingling sensations and headache resulted! Thought they would go away but guess not.after 3 weeks I broke down and went to doc. Put me on Neurontin 300 mg day now up to 600. He did not tell me i had O.N. just that i damaged the nerve on the left side of the head. I found on line my symptoms where just like O.N. The tingling sensation is lessing after being on neruontin for 2 weeks now but I guess I am wondering if anyone else is on nerountin for this and waht dosage they are taking. I am tolerating the side effects ok.

The headaches are worse at nite when I cant lie on my left side and sometimes my right side impacts my left. AUGH. So cant sleep to well.
4 hrs mostly.

Also does it get treated with the neurontin after a while? seems that I still have the tingling sensations. Will the neurontin take the tingling away? It seems to be lessen but not gone.

Any input would be helpful.
Thanks
CC67 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote