View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 06:16 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

First, I want to thank all of you for replying. I know it takes effort to post - so THANK you all.

Second, as most of you know I was an attorney when I got sick. (Also pro tem judge for 6 years, although that didn't take computer work.) I think a reasonable amount of time I can say I was on the computer was 60 hours per week, including taking notes, picking at pages or picking up files and moving them about - and also having the phone on my neck. (I didn't get a headset until after I got sick. I worked a year sick.) I remember the day that the TOS went from hand pain, to all the way up my arm and to my neck and brain. It all swelled up on a Friday, and then instead of calming down over the weekend, it kept getting worse as I rested and it's never gone away since. 11/15/02.)

So my concern now is for my kids' generation as they use the computer for work, home and they are constantly texting. I realize TOS is somewhat rare, but I think it's on the rise, and I just haven't found an agency that is keeping numbers. I've checked the CDC, NINDS and OSHA. I haven't called them - I'll be doing that next when I can. I am VERY sick right now, bedridden since '04 has left me quite ill, and I've developed diabetes from the inactivity and/or the meds I've had to take.

If you all would email me, I'd like to talk further about my ideas to warn younger people and what I am going to try to do. I'd like to let you have an opportunity to be included, and of course this does NOT involve any money at all. But I don't want to post it all here. So my email is tamaraleslie@hotmail.com and from there I can paste and send you my thoughts on this, as we've already tried to contact Oprah, Montel, Mystery Diagnosis, so I'll tell you more of my ideas.

Again, thanks for answering this.

Also, I do know that TOS is caused by other occurrences or an "extra rib" or tumor. But that was not the case with me - I am sure it was computer, and I think I've had over 20 images taken now - MRI, CTs, with contrast, etc., and all of those are normal. That supports my belief that my problem is the set-up of the keyboard, mouse and time on the computer.

God bless you all. I'll respond to all who contact me.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gibbrn (08-25-2008), MarcS (11-01-2011)