View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hey Fire,

I also saw your posts on the TOS forum.

I am dx with TOS but also have spinal issues at c5/c6 that go hand in hand with my TOS. Sometimes hard to tell what causes what.

I had one surgery for the TOS on my right side and have done pretty well with it but there was alot of neck pain that remained. So I continued to pursue.

The neuro prine guy finally triangulated in on the problem with a combo of MRI, EMG and x-rays. The MRI really did not show much because when laying down things looked ok with some minor disc issues and bone spurs. BUt the EMG showed much more. And then he did flexion and extension x-rays and bingo...unstable cervical spine, more specifically a subluxed disc and the doc also used the term retrolithesis.

Eventually I will need an ACDF but am doing my best to avoid surgery for as long as I can.

Working on all of it with a combination of PT and working out and other things.

Wish I had more of an answer for you in terms of what you should do but it is personal and a matter of tolerance and quality of life.

If you do have surgery talk to the surgeon at length as to what will help, TOS surgery or spinal (ACDF).

I wish you luck.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote