View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 06:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Me too.

The house that was empty had workers in it during my son's wedding. Don't know what they were doing, but that was one of the very few times that I saw people in there. My H said that the door to the house kept being left open. My theory is that someone probably set the fire--and it's probably right.

Why do people do things like that???

The woman who lost her H to the fire lost him about 12 years ago. If you've looked at the pics in my album of the wedding, her one kid is in there. He and my son have been friends since they were little. His brothers were playing Army on their 3d floor and using candles instead of flashlights. Things caught on fire, dad came up tried to put out the fire and passed out IN the fire. Spent about a week at a local hospital's burn unit before he died. It was really sad. That fire went into 2 other houses--same owners now who are affected by this one.

My H slept through THAT fire and only woke up when the firefighters smashed glass out in the other houses. This time, he proudly told me, he woke up BEFORE that happened. <snicker> He can sleep through anything usually.

If it would have spread further, probably only those houses would have been involved--and our garage to the one house. My H told me he and my SIL and DD moved stuff out of that garage in case it DID spread.

It just makes you wonder about your own safety and fire.