View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 11:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4 View Post
I am curious--if anyone reading this has had surgery for Chiari I would like to hear how you've done. It would be interesting seeing some response on this because there is so little information available! Good or bad, please share your story!
I just had my decompression surgery on July 23, 2008. My recovery has been OK. I was up and walking 3 hours after I got out of recovery and was home 2 days after. I have done as I was asked by the Docter. Taking it easy and not overdoing it. I ended up with a small infection at the bottom of my scar 2 weeks later. Small amounts of drainage and medication I was doing ok until last Tuesday. I had a large amount of drainage and called my surgeon, he advised me to be checked out in the ER at our local hospital (He is 3 hrs away) It was found that I had CSF leakage and was transported to the hospital where I had the surgery. It seems my body doesn't like the under stitches and rejected every one of them. He restiched it with hopes of not having to put in a drain. I am home as of yesterday and I have the upmost confidence that all will end well. Recovery can be tricky and just getting to this point has been a long journey for me and my family. Many things can effect the out come. Good thing is the Migraines are gone and the Vertigo so as far as I am concerned the sugery was a success and I will get through this little ruff patch.
hood21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote