View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 02:20 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

I wonder if KM will keep her hopes up and know that folks do care?

I wonder if I may share this with KM and others that I have shared with few of you in private?

~~~~~~~~~~~

My last two roommates in my college years were the best roomates I'd ever had. My previous roommate before them, "B", was a jerk that lured me to live with him by pretending to be a nice and kind person only to find out that he just wanted someone to help pay for his rent. He'd heard about how I've always taken cared of my roommates, I guess. He also knew that I was desparately looking for a new place to stay cause of the latest complaints about my "noise".

soon after I've moved in with B into the duplex. I'd realized how thin the walls were. I could hear them breathing next door,literally...

But I couldn't help but make my noises and that of course led to complaints and the constant banging on the wall from next door and it made B embarassed.

I'd paid two months rents in advance but he kicked me out by locking me out by changing the locks on the door cause I refused to leave...well, I had no place to go!

I was so angry and bitter...I called the police and finally got my stuff out then I rented a storage place temporarily and slept at the storage place for a few days...I had to snuck in so I wouldn't get caught sleeping there...it was another one of those dark moments...

I went to a club that weekend to just be amongst people cause I couldn't stand to be alone and I ran into "C"

I'd known C from various parties and from school and he actually stayed with me few years before when I first started college and I remembered that he was a really nice guy and very smart.

He asked how I was and I told him about my misfortune and how I just wanted to give it all up...

he asked me to come spend the night at his house and that he was going to talk to his roommate, "S" about it.

Now, I knew S also. He was a bouncer where I used to be a bouncer at and he'd just started this new bouncer job at this club.

I went over that night and they talked about it and asked me a few questions, and that night, I had two new roommates that I would come to treasure and remember for the rest of my life.

let me describe C.

C is black, 5 foot 1 or 2, loves to wear lifts to make himself taller. Pepper grey hair in his twenties and loves to sing. He has a magnificent voice and worked on cruises during the summer vacations. As a matter of fact, he and I entered a Karaoke contest where we both impersonated "Prince" with him singing "when the doves cry" and me singing "Purple Rain" (he came in third, I didn't place. LOL)

he is one of those people that is full of life. But if you think that's something, wait til I tell you about S

S is white, 6 foot 1 or 2. Former skinhead. He was very muscular and had tattoos left and right but with the most significant one being the infamous swastika (German one for hate, not the Hindu one for peace, good, and strength and enlightenment).

He was deep into martial arts and literally carried a stick in his backpack wherever he went. He was into troubles a lot when he was younger and was a high school drop out. But taught himself by reading a lot and anyways, by the time I moved in with him. It was all good...and he actually taught me a few things about philosophy (but I was too dumb to understand them back then...)

so there we were...the three of us. We lived in the downtown area where there were a lot of retired folks. And when we would sit out in our front porch. We would usually draw stares. But all of them said hi to us whenever we'd walk by or when they'd walked by.

We hung out once in awhile together and quite a few people would do triple takes whenever we'd walk by...it was kinda fun to see their faces full amusement and one time, we even got stopped by some tourist to ask us if she could take a photo of us! LOL

that July 4th weekend. We went to the mall, the three of us, and the mall was just about to close. People were kinda hanging around and all of a sudden, C said to me and S, "hey, let's hold hands and skip through the mall and sing we're going to see the wizard."

I didn't think S would go along with it but he had this big evil grin and stood between us and grabbed our hands...

so, there we were...skipping down the whole mall singing the wizard of oz song...

I was reluctant at first but then got into the spirit and sang the loudest...

I don't have a point to this story but just that I remembered that we got more people laughing with us than at us...I can even remember a few encouraging smiles as if we'd done a good thing to make the world better when all we were doing was being goofy...

now a days, whenever I think back on that...I always thank my lucky stars that they were my last roommates and created a wonderful ending to all my other tumultuous roommate relationships.

and that I believe deep in my heart with S's and C's out there...that there are hope....

for everyone that is a racist, there are hundreds that are not, that want to do the right thing...

and because of S and others that I've encountered...it gives me a lot of hope that "racism" itself is NEVER a constant and will always be taken down....

just my belief....

and KM, I hope you know that folks DO care about you...I know I do...

((((KM))))

((((hugs for the room and broom (can't forget about the broom, ya know? LOL)))))

"you're entering, the

zone..."

Last edited by who moi; 08-24-2008 at 09:54 PM.
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (08-25-2008), Alffe (08-24-2008), bizi (08-24-2008), da duck (08-24-2008), Doody (08-24-2008), KathyM (08-24-2008), Koala77 (08-24-2008), snoozie (08-24-2008), tamiloo (08-25-2008), Twinkletoes (08-25-2008), Wren (08-24-2008)