View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Nikki

I'm so sorry you're going through this with Lynn. I can totally understand your not wanting to subject him to more testing. Really, what is the point of further testing except to pay the doctors for it?

I lost my Mom in 2005 and my sister in January of this year to Alzheimer's Disease. It's a very cruel disease because you have to lose them twice. I watched them both struggle with this disease.

I admire your strength and your courage. I know what it's like to try and care for and "reason" with someone who used to be able to carry on a conversation with you but who now just stares blankly at you. It's a terribly helpless feeling.

If you ever need to vent.....or just want someone to talk to.....please PM or email me. I don't want to impose on you but if you need a shoulder mine is here. It's been well used but it's still in pretty good condition!

Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (08-24-2008), Nik-key (08-24-2008), tamiloo (08-25-2008), who moi (08-24-2008)