View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 06:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwitchingGranny View Post
Rhonda.. my TN pain was in my ear too. I always wondered if this really wasn't TN.. b/c it was jabs into my ear canal not my check or jaw.

But it was.. ultimately in 2006 I had MVD thus far pain free.. PTL.

I used to post on this list as heismyjoy (if you can find my old posts) I couldn't remember mylog in name to get started again with the old name.

Blessings

Martha

Hello Martha, so nice of you to respond - it is rare that I hear about someone who's pain was just located in the ear. I do have a very hard time accepting the TN diagnosis - mainly because it is nothing as severe as most of these folks oh here are dealing with. Mine is always on the right side, and ONLY in the ear, the outer ear and the immediate area surrounding the ear. When I do have an episode any movement that effects the muscles in that area - such as smiling, chewing, or turning my head to the left to check my side mirror when driving. With a 50 mile work commute - this can be murder!!

And the other reason I can't believe it is due to the fact that applying heat relieves the pain better than any medication. And thank GOD, my episodes are so sporadic. I also suffer from motion sickness and sometimes I will start to have an episode and if I use my allergy nasal spray it will go away in a few minutes.

Sorry, to hear that I may be in store for the real deal some day - but so glad to hear that you are pain free after your surgery. I will definitely see if I can locate your old posts.

Thanks, and God bless.

Rhonda
Bassetcase is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote