View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 07:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy RLS and PN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrett622 View Post
Thanks so much for this. The sites you mention, two of them I believe, are the same site and is the one I'm currently exploring that has been *so* very helpful. rlshelp.org

I'm currently taking Mirapex which seems to be helping much. No Tramadol needed for the first time in months, last night. Will go without tonight as well for a drug holiday as the Doctor at the rlshelp.org site suggested. Pray I make it through the night. I was fine all day yesterday and through last night. However, today I'm having symptoms of the burning raising it's ugly head once again.

I think I've been to wemove.org but will visit just to see.

I can't take Lyrica. Related to Neurontin and that made me suicidal.

The Tramadol was a miracle for me. The opiates don't seem to help me much. Tramadol acts like an SSRI but is different and for most people doesn't cause a worsening of RLS symptoms. SSRI's did a big number on me. Tramadol has not caused that.

All my life my iron has been closer to high rather than depleted. I came close with my third pregnancy though. That having been said I do plan on asking my
NP to check my ferritin levels rather than iron levels. There is a difference.
Hey gang -

I have been reading through some of the back threads and have a question about RLS and PN? Can RLS sometimes be a cause/contributor of PN? If so, does it need to be a severe case? I had a sleep study many years back (about 14) and was diagnosed with sleep apnea and RLS. I do agree that I have sleep apnea but if I have RLS it is a very minor case. I do not have the symptoms that you all are citing. Once in the past, while laying in bed with hubby watching, TV my leg did involuntarily react and hit his leg. That is the one and only indicator we have ever had of RLS.

However, since the PN started I am twitching like a son of a gun. My 3 yr old grandaughter thinks the twitching is wonderful. She thinks I do it on purpose and has the most wonderful laugh when it happens...

Just wondering..
Leslie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote