View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 11:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Hi zorrro13 & welcome to this forum, usually excessive alcohol use causes huge depletions of B1 levels out of the body, so especially the thiamine supplements are a very good idea, i took 3 x 100 mg daily of B1 for a long time, it seemed to help some with the burning, for me anyway, with the B12 methylcobalamin normally 1000 mcg [on a empty stomach] daily is the least we take here, some here take 5 mg [5,000 mcg] daily, depends on the individual & of course the other B vitamins in a multi B are needed as well to help the other B's work properly.
Have you had a Glucose Tolerance test or just the fasting Glucose test ? as a fasting glucose test is useless for testing for Prediabetes, which can cause the same nerve problems as a full blown diabetic.

good luck with the neuro appointment anyway.
Brian

thanks everyone I have cut back significantly (really) and am trying my best to get sober. over the last few days the burning has cut back dramatically and I assume its through rigorous consumption of suppliments over a 2 month period?. One question, is 500 mcg mecobalamin. the same as
methylcobalamin ? slightly diff spelling but its what my neuro in Thailand gave me and its a tiny white sugar coated tablet to take twice daily
zorro1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote