View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 01:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey Mike

Missed this posting......sorry about the other stuff......ok you are gonna need help asap!!! Tam is right the BEST neuro is right and if that means going to another area then so be it. Neck is not a place to mess with as you will know!!!

I have conjoined c5-6 with no probs and had it since birth, only rudimentary disc there.

I still think you need a veinogram as well. Does not matter about age, only how do you cope living your life like this!!! If there is a severe compression at c5-6 then to me that sounds like something that needs addressing asap. Non surgical issues are a place to start if they offer anything....???? steroid injections or something but you can't keep this up that is asking for trouble. What if something changes to make it all worse. What if you get more compression and your CSF is even more comprimised than what it is???

Perhaps adhesions from your prior surgery are causing a compression in the neck area??? reaching here>......sorry.....you know the score you are educated in this field

Mike you need a damn good neurologist who will tell you it like it is no BS and no guy/gal who says we can fix this no problems with a minor ...........

you need all the info then need to weigh the situation out very carefully....quality of life has always been my thing. What can you do with it if you are in so much pain tht you can't do your job....so no income but prob. hve ins to help, but it is not the same....doing your job you must love it or you would not have gone into it........so think quality of life and think good docs who will tell you nothing but the truth and if they can't help they send you to see someone who CAN help you.

You are in a pickle my friend!! Sorry but I do still think you need the TOS work up as that is the most likly cause of the muscle wasting of your hand.....usual tell tale sign of TOS If you need good articles on TOS or anything else I have university access and can sometimes find things others can't for free. If you search on PUBMED you can find great articles and this may help u to figure out what you need to do. It is not an easy situation you are in. You need to speak to family and significant other to decide these things.

I hope you get the best care you can. BUT don't put off the tos thing either. You can have both issues. feel free to PM me if you have more to talk out or just to say anything.
you are in my thoughts and prayers

love and hugs,
Victoria

How poor are they who have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

gibbrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote