Thread: Syringomyelia
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 05:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzle51 View Post
if the condition you are talking about Syringomyelia without Chiari , you need to get an expert on the subject , to check and make sure your spinal flow is good . If not you may have to have a shunt put in. If your flow is good then you need to be treated with medication. A syrinx can grow , can shrink and can stay the same. If you done have Chiari then injections in the neck for what??? Pain . Usually people that get those injections it helps a little but thats about it. also check and make sure you dont have chiari . if you do have chiari no injections period

Thanks for your reply. I asked the Neurologist what i had and he just said it's called a cyrinx- i'm not sure if i've spelt it right- he's given me Gabapentin to take 3x a day and co-dydramol 2 four x a day and the pain clinic see me next month for pain releif- injections into my neck. I have good days and bad days, on a good day i can manage but am quite slow and have to pace my self, on a bad day i need to put myself to sleep and with 2 young children this is very difficult. i am finding easy tasks at work difficult to carry out and my work load is just building up because i cannot complete tasks due to the pain i'm in and also because of the side effects of the medication. Luckily my line manager is good and he has authorised leave for the next month and so i will be working part time for the next month- during this time i want to see if i can make a claim on my insurance policy, i'm have a feeling this condition comes under permanent disability, if it does then i should be able to claim and i would get some financial releif and be able to reduce my work load on a long term basis- does anyone know of anybody with my condition that have had to make a claim on there insurance policy and can share some information about it with me. Also does anyone know of any society's in the south east region of the UK that offer support for poeple with my condition?
Thank you for all your information and help.
choudsal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote