View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 12:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryfrances View Post
I had a melancholy day today. Still waiting on someone to save me, but beginning to realize it's not going to happen. I'm so sad to be this young and feel like I'm damaged goods. I hate this disease and the shame and embarrassment that goes along w/it. It made me cry to see MJF. I wish there was something that could be done for us. Treating the symptoms w/med even begins to work against us! I'm willing to try anything. I just don't want to lose anymore brain cells or movement. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. Anyone want to do a comparison checklist of medical histories, environmental, etc.?
Mary
Mary, I can understand how you feel..I/we all have our moments with it..I had a particularly bad day with it today..very fatigued..even got dizzy for a while, and when I get that way the meds dont rescue me..game is pretty much over for the day..As much as pd has taken from me..it has also given back to me in other ways..Ive been reading MJF's book "Lucky Man"..and Micheal talks about how he measured who he was before pd, and who he became after pd, and he said that he would rather accept his lot that to go back to the way he was pre dx..I can completely understand that..We all have to find our path to acceptance, and that road is paved with all of our emotions whatever they might be..For me sometimes I go back and forth from acceptance to contempt to acceptance to................

But ultimately no matter how I feel, I know where I have to direct the focus lest I allow this disease to own me

Steve