View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 09:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Kink in brain stem

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWPATTY View Post
Okay, I Have Never Posted Any Thing, Dont Know If This Will Work But Here Goes. I Can Only Hope A Neurologist Reads It. My Son 19 Had Surgery 1 Year Ago For Chiari Malformation And Syringomyelia. It Looked Like The Surgery Went Great. But He Had Another Mri And His Brain Stem Has A Kink In It And It Did Not Have One Before The Surgery. The Surgeon Said It Is Not A Problem, But I Am Worried That It Is, Maybe He Did Not Want To Scare Me?? Does Any One Out There Know Anything About This Sort Of Occurrance After A Chiari Surgery?? I can be contacted via this forum. I Just Got This Sick Feeling That I Thought I Woulf Go On Line And See If Any One Had Any Answers. Instead Of The Stem Of His Brain Having A Smoothe Slope It Has A Kink Now. Thanks For Listening Patty!
Dear Patty, This is so Eerie.My son at age 19 had brain decompression surgery(removed skull bone)had good MRI 1 year later,next year MRI found kink in brain stem.I am leaving for Dr. appt in a few minutes.All we know so far is Nuer.M.D. told us he may have to have fusion surgery,but he also said it would be terrible.I hope this letter finds your son doing well.My prayers are with you.
wonsaponatime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote