View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 09:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkcw1212 View Post
Hi Everyone
I am new here, but not new to the pain of migraines. I was diagnosed with them at the age of seven and they have continuesly gotten worse over the years until I finally had a TIA and now on disability Severe Chronic Migraines with Disassociations/ Altered Mental Status. This also means that I have Complex Migraines which means that I already have vision loss, weakness and or paralysis of one side, inablity to talk and sometimes find words, as well as memory loss. The altered status usually appearce at this point, and even though I seem functional, I look spacey, drunk, stumbling, and often obnoxious, or have the mental status of a young child. I have come to learn to live with these severe migraines, but this last weekend, I had a seizure with one of my migraines. Has anyone else this? I would love any info that anyone has.
Hi..am so sorry to hear about your migraines, but something here is raising a flag. As a practitioner in neurology I am a little concerned about the seizure. If you have never had one before, please contact your neurologist right away..this is something that might require a new imaging test such as an MRI or CT of the brain and perhaps an EEG.

Good luck,
Mary Kay
pydy9916 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
shezbut (03-11-2009)