View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 10:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Good mornin' good buddies!

Well it may be the end of summer but from all the signs Fall is arriving early this year. First of all I have picked up a cold....who gets a cold in August?? And secondly, the tree in front of our house is showing a lot of red already.

I had a terrible day yesterday, and I know I haven't been eating very well lately. Too much of the stuff that I know bothers me and not enough of those leafy greens that come so highly regarded. I have a friend coming over some time this week to put up my chin up bar. I'll probably end up hanging clothes on it. No. I need to make a commitment to exercise, which I have let fall to very low levels ...why do we have to be told so many times what's good for us?

Well, back to sinking boats. I remember at one point I lived on a sailboat for a few months. We happened to be in the harbour at one point, when another sail boat started to sink. No one could locate the owner, and because it's private property no one could set foot on it to save it without putting themselves in the line off fire, because if they did and even if they saved the boat they could be sued by the owner for trespassing. Sounds crazy but we all stood around all day and watched this boat sink. ....now to hook this in with Steve's story about a week later the owner turns up and all he see's are a couple of masts sticking out of the water and he was not a happy camper. But I'm sure they rose the boat by inserting inflatable bags of some sort which they pumped air into and brought the boat to the surface. Quite interesting to me. I guess there is more than one way to rise a boat. I', guessing the do-it-yourself method that steve and friend used was probably a lot cheaper,and would a sail boat be a lot lighter too?

Love to look at boats, but know very little about them.

Have a good week all.. rosey-posey