View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 11:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well after a really wonderful weekend, I'm starting back into school again. I had my week off from school, and sucked as much free time from it as I could. I did some piano practice, but my room got too hot. I hate trying to practice or play with the A/C going because I have a difficult time hearing the music. I can hear the piano plenty, it's the subtle things that can't heard, and this makes the playing very frustrating. The problem too with the A/C is I can't hear the clavichord at all. Period. The instrument is very very soft and becomes inaudible with the A/C unit running.

I mentioned in my post about being grumpy. I'm beginning to think that I need a med change and as Charlie said a nice quiet place. I was quite happy when I was on vacation away from the confusing mess that I live in. The constant noise and tension don't help the situation. The other thing too is I have a couple of neighbors that fight at night. The boyfriend is a drunk (I think) and starts arguing with his partners. The son starts in in defence of mommy, and then the whole neighborhood is awakened around 2:00 in the morning. This happened to me last Monday. I was actually asleep, and well within the dream stage when I was levitated out of bed from the noise. After that everything went downhll from there as far as sleep goes. It took me the rest of the week to be able to sleep again.

The past weekend was beautiful. I probably did a bit too much and end up paying for it the rest of the week, but I couldn't help it. Friday night I went out to dinner with a friend, and I got home really early Saturday morning. I slept like a rock, and took it easy on Saturday. In the afternnon, my brother and I went canoeing. This can be an interesting experience, and I'm sure an interesting sight to see as someone with very stiff legs trying to climb in and out of a canoe! The weather was gourgeus with picture-perfect sky, light breeze, and glassy-still water. My brother fished and I enjoyed the scenery. I ended up helping with the paddling at then end because we were quite far from the shore. It was quite a work out paddling the canoe, but it sure felt good. Getting out of the canoe was interesting. I got my left leg out barely, but I couldn't unglue my right foot from the bottom of the canoe. I was "still on", but I really had to think and work hard at moving the right leg. Once on shore I was fine; just a little stiffer from sitting so low int he canoe, which is murder on the butt and back.

I spent Sunday at my former piano teacher's house. She celebrated her 88th or 89th birthday this year. I brought over a couple of lobsters, a some dessert, and some fresh corn. We enjoyed the food and some good company and music for the day. I got home late Sunday night and shuffled to bed. I feel it today, but I can deal. This worth it. How many 89th birthdays do you celebrate with someone? How many perfect summer days do we get?

Anyway, Steve I'm glad you're getting out there to enjoy the nice weather while we still have it.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote