View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Oh, Nikki...my heart goes out to you. You are the care-partner that everyone wishes for. Even if so much is gone there is still so much with you and always will be with you.

I can only imagine what you are going through. My sweetheart started to experience short-term memory problems a few years after we were married. Sometimes we laugh about the black holes in his brain but most of the time I don't let him know what he has forgotten. However, sometimes he recognizes it and thinks he is so dumb...I say no!!

I don't know what everyone beliefs are...my religious leader has told me, that for all I do and have done for my honey and loved ones that there will be many jewels in my crown for the kindnesses I have shown. I believe this is true for everyone who loves.

I have a picture in our bedroom that helps to bolster me when I need it. It pictures people pulling the handcarts of pioneer travelers. It is snowing and they are doing their best to survive. However, as they are trying to reach the top of the hill covered in snow struggling with the weight of there loaded carts the picture shows angels that are helping them to push to make their load lighter. I know they are with me. In those moments when I feel burning tears, painful tears, I look at this picture, push back the tears, and know that I am being watched over all the time. I cannot deny it. Otherwise how would little old me b able to pick up my husband who is 6’ tall when he has fallen.

I pray for you Nikki, for angels to assist you in all that you do!

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

Last edited by tamiloo; 08-25-2008 at 03:19 PM.
tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (08-26-2008), Nik-key (08-26-2008), who moi (08-25-2008)