View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 02:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrett622 View Post
There are two distinct disorders: RLS and PLMD (Periodic Limb Movement Disorder). They can be confused and while they use some of the same treatments for both they are still very distinct and different disorders...or so they say. To me they seem like the same thing. You may have PLMD rather than RLS.

ETA: Since I had a duh moment and didn't really answer your main question; According to the doctor, the expert on RLS and such, no, PN doesn't cause RLS. They don't know what causes it but they have ID'd some triggers. There doesn't seem to be a connection between RLS and PN. There are shared symptoms in all of these above mentioned disorders. It requires testing and a good doc to differentiate between what's what.

Now that you mention it...Periodic Limb Movement does sound familiar. I'll have to got back through the cobwebs of my mind, but maybe that was my diagnosis instead of the RLS. It seems to me that there was a discussion between the doc and the technician at the time of the sleep study about RLS vs. PLM....
Leslie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote