Thread: Bull Dog
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 03:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ocular MG

ctulin,
Thanks for the information. I am waiting on the doctor's call now. He checks with me every two weeks to adjust the medicine. So far with me it is double vision and one eye lid is hard to keep open and the eye lids changed sides last week...
Like your motor, looks like maybe a 1970 +- English bike. I rode Trumphs for many years. Also like gardening.
Bull Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctulin View Post
I was diagnosed 10 days ago with primarily occular MG although I have some involvement of my face and neck. I have probably had it for a year and a half before reaching this diagnosis. The eyelids aren't bad but eye movements (and chewing, talking) fatigue easily, especially towards the end of the day. I am still waiting for the results of antibody levels and so forth.
Mestinon helped me within the first 15 minutes of taking 1/4 of a tablet. I don't know if I am just lucky, but the neurologist thought that the positive response was pretty strong evidence that I had MG.
I am still in the learning phase of this problem as I am sure you are. There is a lot of variability between sufferers of MG and my own symptoms have varied over time. There are a lot of knowledgable people on this site who have a lot of experience. There is also a list of helpful links.
Bull Dog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote