View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 05:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm sorry you're feeling bad....I hope you feel better soon! Yeah, the blues must be going around. I think that's the worst part of our disease - the uncertainty. Some days I feel like "old Erin" and then *wham!* out of nowhere I'm knocked back on my butt. My oncologist told me that Iwas a "chronic" case the last time I was in the hospital, but I just refuse to believe that. If I give up, then I don't think I'll ever go into remission. Granted, I know that our disease has a mind of it's own and all the wishing in the world won't make it go away, but I'd much rather be positive and hope for the best - it's hard though........I actually made it into work today - it felt pretty darn good. granted, I didn't put in a full day, but it was just nice to actually be around people - I really miss that! Having support from this site makes my life so much easier - I really appreciate all of your kind words, especially since you are feeling so bad now too. What's going on with you? Are you having problems getting around or swallowing or both? You are soooo lucky to have such an amazing sister, maybe my sis and I will be that way again; I truly hope so! I read that article you sent - it was dead on! I'm going to send it to all my friends and family, especially my hubby's family cuz' they accused me of faking it or smoking too much. Granted I shouldn't have smoked, but that's not what caused my MG. They really don't like me and I cannot figure out why, but I guess I shouldn't stress too much about it - it will just make me sick and depress me even more. I see my neuro next Tuesday - please pray for me. I'm worried that he'll try and put me back in the hospital. It's gotten to where they know me on a first name basis - not a good sign..........When you get to feelling better, please let me know how you are and hang in there! I love hearing from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail View Post
Hi Erin,

Sorry you're a little blue today, it must be going around!!
below is a link to a wonderful web site, about people who don't look sick, but in fact are, like us!!! this link goes to a page that explains how precious each bit of my energy is, it may help some of your family and friends, I hope so(also hope the link works!!)
http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/na...poonTheory.pdf

I thankfully have a wonderful sister, who helps me out no end, and occaisonally cries for me, because it upsets her to see me this way, I know I am very blessed with a family who cares.

I am going through a trying time at the moment, for some reason my MG is bad again, even my neuro is perplexed at how I go from great to terrible all the time. At the moment I'm just holding it together, crying alot more than usual, and getting frustrated!! I wish I had an answer for you, but I've found I just have to take the bad days as they come, because if I get too upset, my MG gets worse!!!
Keep comming here!! talking to like people helps, and if you need to email me, to talk to get things off your chest, we will work something out(my emails not on the forum), most of all don't be hard on yourself, which is something that took me a long time to learn.

Sorry if this is a bit long, you take care, and know I'm thinking of you!!!!
redtail