Thread: Didn't work
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 10:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for that post, dalek

I actually have one of those things due to years of osteo and rheumatoid arthritis. Both knees replaced. That is likely the key to what tipped my immune system and made the Sjogren's surface. But I do thank you for the post. I'm not sure the 100+ heat in Texas will allow me to wear it. And if my dark cherry colored sunroofed car can actually hit temps of 110. Really hard to cool off too. I'm broken out in heat rashes already due to the lack of moisture in my skin. My husband went to put the lidoderm patch on my tail/sacrum area tonight and said oops...looks like another rash here.

My household is such a mess right now. I've quit worrying about cleanliness. I'm only concentrating on sorting, packing and actually moving. We're renting a small U-Haul trailer this weekend and hooking it up to my best friends car. She and her husband are going to help us this weekend. If all goes well, we will be moved in another two weeks. But cleanup here and repair will start after that. I'm going to push for another MRI of the sacrum and pelvis and one of the knee adhesion area. I think there is a new break in the sacrum/pelvis (think it's the sacrum). I think I lifted one too many heavy boxes. The H fracture of the sacrum may be what is causing so much new nerve pain. Left foot is where I could knaw it off again.My right foot has a swollen toe (think it's the joint) and the left foot has a swollen metatarsal joint. Rheumatoid, Osteoporosis or neuropathy? who knows.

As I said, I'm a mess again. It's just like it was right before I wound up in the hospital with the sacrum fractures. I'm having to use my gowntail to move my pelvic and sacrum areas in the bed again. (Once again I repeat, if you have back issues do not, I repeat, ...DO NOT buy a Temperpedic Mattress. You can't slide on it and every movement is pain. They do give great night's sleep but there are issues if you have problems. My Dad and Stepmom just got one and she is having to return it because he cannot get up from it. He's 84 years old.)

I seem to have issues with pacing myself. I am just driven by anxiety when something needs to be done. And this house needs to be sold to pay for the new one. So I'm pushing myself every single day. And my body is paying for it.

I'm ready to stop the horse and get off. I told my husband tonight that if I had any idea that things would be this hard or this bad, I'd never have agreed to his desire to move. He could have just gone on without me and my dogs. They are all upset anyway. Things are missing from their world....and from mine. I start to get dressed and the pants are in the closet here and the blouse is in the closet there. I wash my hair, dry it and then discover the curling iron has been moved. So I now have a new straight hairdo. It is to the ridiculous point. Things will have to change so much.

I'm also thinking that I'm going to require a wheelchair in less than a year at this rate. And with my hands and elbow and shoulder joints I'm getting an electric one. I'll start a new thread for this.

Billye (boy! I wrote a book didn't I?)So sorry.