View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 08:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh, I've been there hon! It HURTS! No, you haven't grossed me out. LOL! Tell ya what....get yeself some exlax (or is it dulcolax?) suppositories. You'll be good as new in 15-20 minutes. The "trick" is going to be holding it in for that long! And the good part is, if it doesn't get it all the first time, you can do it again safely a second time.

And get some Senna (that's generic for Senokot). Rite Aid has the generic for sure. Take two every morning. That helps me a LOT. Oh, and Magnesium. Now...I had a problem with the magnesium for a bit and didn't know what my deal was. I'm on a 75 duragesic patch, take 2 ferrous phosphates in the a.m. (iron), and also percocet every 8 hrs so I should be pretty packed up, right? NOPE! I was "going" about 8 times a day and couldn't figure out why! Turns out that I was taking "toxic doses" of magnesium. See...my pain doc had me taking 1000 mg's of magnesium before bed, to stop the spasming of my hands and the restless legs. But he didn't "ramp me up" - just had me start all at once. So my body was't used to it. So even though I was taking all the pain meds and iron supplements, I was still "going" ALL THE TIME. That is some POTENT stuff, that magnesium! Silly me didn't even see the correlation between that and "milk of MAGnesia!"

So...there ya have it....Senna, Exlax (or dulcolax???) suppositories, and Magnesium (start with 750 mg's at bedtime). You'll be good as new!

I have experience....can ya tell? LOL!

Hugs
LisaM
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote