View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 10:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I need some advice...Please help

I have been in chronic pain since Oct. 2006. I was walking in a parking lot and dropped to the ground in pain. I couldn't move. I found out that I had herniated my L4-L5 and L5-S1 lumbar discs. We don't know how. The pain is in my lower back, goes down the back of my left leg, and I get pins and needles in my left foot. My primary care physician finally recommmended me to a neurosurgeon about a year ago. Three epidural spinal injections, an emg, and a lot of pain medication later, he decides to perform microscopic discectomy. I am now 3 months post op and am in PT, but I still don't feel any better than before surgery. WHY??? I am a busy mother of three, and I feel like I am 90!! I am SO TIRED of being in pain all the time, I don't know what to do...on top of it all the neurosurgeon is weaning me off my pain medication, which is the only thing that helps me have any type of normal life. Quality of Life!!! What's that?

Anyone out there have any feedback? I don't know what else to do. I am supposed to feel some sort of relief and I don't.
chronicpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote