View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 09:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hypothyroidism/joint pain

I've read so much stuff and on one of those info sheets in the doc's office,joint pain was mentioned,even my GP's PA noticed that I had been tested for Lymes (a million times/overkill on doc's part) cause I get an occasional low grade fever,but no Lymes.
I've told them do not even bother with anymore Lymes disease tests,I do not see any ticks on me,nor am I out much anymore.
I have a cyber friend with arthritis and Hashimotos disease,we read in several books,that RA is an autoimmune disease,like Hashimotos,diabetes,lupus, and some others. Some docs believe culprit behind or connected to RA and fibromyalgia can be hypothyroidism.
At this point I know it's not carpal tunnel syndrome,my husband has that,he's a computer guy and none of the symptoms seem to fit with mine.
I hate to say this but I feel it may be RA onset?
I don't know anymore,but I'm really feeling down and so fatigued, it's horrible.
If I do not get help from this endocrinologist I am going to see one I keep reading about on thyroid website,the site shows patient reviews.
The one I see now was on the top doc list but was removed,plus she isn't the one, I got her new partner,very young and abrupt. I wanted to see the one who is the head one of the 2 but she was heavily booked at the time I need to be seen with my ultrasound results (nodules) so I may have missed out on a good one there too, maybe before driving 2 hrs. for a new one, I'll ask to see her and not the other again. ? Would I rude to?
When I get a moment, I'll post/reply 2 good books I've read on thyroid disorders, oh there is a huge connection of hypothyroidism causing depression and how sadly GP's give us AD's when really we need thyroid medications. My pdoc noticed how more upbeat I was after starting thyroid meds.,that sadly I needed probably 10 yrs before getting it.
Sorry,this is so long again.
Thanks again,
DE
darkeyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote