Thread: Still stumped
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks folks!

Cherie, my dentist suspected Trigeminal Neuralgia all along. When I mentioned that to my neurologist (3 week long headache or migraine, dunno which honestly, with burning pain in my face) he said "Well, that's migraine".

I'll be quite honest, I do believe my first MS "symptom" that presented was Trigeminal Neuralgia. What other headache comes on suddenly on 1 side (4+ years ago, was my left side) and is so painful you're in a ball on your floor clutching your head, thinking you're having a seizure because of the repeated stabbing pain? That's what I thought I had then. Of course, me being a 'stubborn rough chick' I never went to neurologist at that time, and after a couple months and probably this occurring 4-5 times, those severe headaches just suddenly disappeared.

I had the spinal headache after my LP and ended up in ER, which if I placed alongside the headaches years earlier with the stabbing pain, the spinal was a 10/10 in pain, whereas the other headaches (suspected TN) were a 9/10.

The facial twitching alone would not have been a cause of alarm (was just annoying), but the fact my mouth was pulling up on the right, that's what had me in tears at the time. It was noticeable. I was self conscious going into public with that mouth pull happening. No one noticed unless I mentioned (or maybe they were being nice?) and then they would say "Oh, I see what you mean". That side's never fully gone back to being symmetrical to the left.
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bearygood (08-26-2008), weegot5kiz (08-26-2008)