View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Dear west1...

I am curious as to what reaction you had with the magnesium taurate.
Your dose of Toprol is very low, a minimum really, and at this dose side
effects are not common.

I have very little experience with Vit K use over the counter. I confess I am
a bit afraid of it actually, since people tend to have clotting issues more than "bleeding" ones. I really see Vit K used on RX frequently in the hospital and long term care facilities because of the difficulty in maintaining Warfarin doses.
People can be very brittle with Warfarin, going up and down all the time. So K
is typically used to fix Warfarin dosing. People in USA are very prone to
Cox-2 cytokines, the stress ones, which tend to cause platelet clumping. So use of K OTC makes me nervous, thinking one could inadvertently increase clotting risks. People with good EFA status..like you are doing, are less at risk, since the Cox-2s are balanced by the Cox-1s.

On the horizon are new anti-clotting agents, which will be better I think, but they are still in testing.

I think your CoQ-10 is low. This nutrient works better in higher doses. I use 150mg when I take it (which is not every day).

You have put alot of thought and effort into your list...and that shows.
Just remember that the zinc elemental is probably around 7mg/tab and the copper is also less than 2mg I would expect. Did you have a zinc/copper ratio drawn? You may not need ALOT of copper, unless you tend to be anemic, or have joint issues.

I found that with time, my needs for certain nutrients changed. I don't take as much B6 now like I did in the past. I also get more EFAs from foods now, since they are being added. (Smart Balance). I still need magnesium, potassium, and I take Cod Liver oil concentrate in the winters now. I have been ramping up my Thiamine as well. But I think AGE has alot to do with things. When I start up at the gym, I will be going back to my old faves. Activity seems to stress out my muscles, etc. That is my weakness. Each person has a "weakness" I think, that is genetic. So see how you feel on this list...and be open to tweeking it.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote