View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 09:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

"Other than sleeping"? Sleeping is what you need to do, and get under control! Are you taking any medications to help you sleep? Our bodies need sleep, and if this has to be induced, then so be it! I've had major issues with sleep ever since I was stalked 4 years ago. It has been a constant battle. There are things like ambien and lunesta, which can help you to re-establish a sleep schedule. And then, for chronic, long term problems there are meds like trazadone and seroquel. I take seroquel every night and I love it. When you look it up, it will tell you that it's an antipsychotic (eek!), which it is at very high doses. For sleep issues, you take about 1/10 of the dose and it acts as a sedative. It also helps with nightmares. Trazadone is an antidepressant that acts similarly. The great thing about these two is that they aren't addictive and don't function like normal sleeping pills. Seroquel has really helped me a lot. I stopped sleeping for a month at the height of being stalked and ended up checking myself into a behavioral health hospital because it took such a toll on me.

One other thing that I would recommend is meditation and yoga. These two things can really help you to relax and decompress as well as focus. Do you know why you aren't sleeping? Is there a reason? Pain, stress, something on your mind? Meditation can help you to get close to that reason in order to overcome it. And yoga can relax you and improve blood flow which can energize you throughout the day. Holler if you have questions!

Lynns
Lynns409 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote