Thread: what do do?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 07:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lynn,

I agree with you. I am on super terms with the staff at the PM office in the hospital. In fact, the office manager, when I got the insurance info. she needed, started laughing and said that she needed to hire me. I explained that I've worked in call centers for over 14 years, and I know that you don't yell at the person on the other end, because they are just reading what they have on the computer. I've had the insur. gals get up from their desk and walk to another dept to find something out for me. I've already decided that next time I go in to get meds, I'm gonna take a box of candy to them. They have been great and done so much to help me. The other day I spoke with the office mgr. and I was crying, (which I don't do alot), and I explained that I really didn't want DH to come up because he was so very upset, and I didn't want him yelling at them or the dr, as it wasn't their fault. She said that she though i should let him loose, that sometimes someone needed to get their attention. She was so sweet. When trying to get an appt with a dr. I'd speak with the office staff every day. One day they said that they still didn't have a cancellation. I thanked them, then said with a straight face, OH, I forgot, what kind of chocolate did you say you liked. She cracked up and sure enough, the next morning there was an opening. And yes, I did bring some with me.

I have decided to go with the local neurosurgeon. The staff is great, and I like the idea of being close to home for the surgery.

Hugs
Mary