Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 07:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow
my vet had me keep my 3 cats in a small area like the bathroom or a small closet for a few days. My cats liked the tile in the bathroom as it was cool they layed spread eagle on the tile and seemed to enjoy it. try keeping your kitty in a small area if you can to keep it safe for a few days.
Thank you both for your words of support. I got my little buddy as a mature cat from a neighbor who is a cancer patient and unable to care for him anymore. He started spraying 3-4 weeks ago and he would target anything that he could see his reflection in.........ie the bathroom mirror, the bedroom mirror, the TV, the computer monitor, the front of the microwave.....yada yada. With this in mind, I will be keeping him in the living room until the hormone levels have a chance to drop

By midnight, he had perked up considerably and kept me up all night. Several times I found him on top of the refrigerator. I know he is checking out his territory but I have had just about enough of this feline territorial behavior..........God love him.
He hasn't slept since late afternoon and has to get tired pretty soon.

We all react differently to medication and I am assuming that the anesthesia may have jazzed him up a bit. That happened with one of my girls when her tonsils were taken out. She didn't go back to sleep for 36 hours after she woke up in recovery. Right now he is in the entrance hall, on top of my scooter. He is howling with pride as he is balancing himself on the top of the head rest which is no simple task.

I guess the bottom line is that he is just fine and certainly no worse for the wear. He's not pleased with the nsaid but is smart enough not to push the envelope any farther.

This has been quite an experience for me. I have always been a dog person and always had females. I live in a small one bedroom apt. for the disabled now and could not commit to taking a dog outside the way it needs to so I took in the cat as a companion. He is a joy but I now understand the saying that dogs have owners and cats have slaves.

Everyone have a great day!!!!!
Jane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (08-27-2008)