View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 11:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Well - NOT Losing My Mind!!

Hey everyone. If you have ever experienced flashes or zig zag lines or black dots in your eyes followed by a strange smell or sensation in your nose and than a doosy of a headache you are not crazy!!!!

I though I was losing my mind. It seemed I was constantly experiencing this. It was driving me absolutely crazy. I use reading glasses so I thought maybe it was time too have them checked. I had the most thorough eye exam ever that literally took about 2 hours. When all was said and done it seems I have what is known as Migraine Aura.

Yup - that's what they call it. Now I don't always have the migraines after these visual sensations come along but as it turns out you can have both. Doctors call it Migraine Aura With Headache or Migraine Aura Without Headache.

Now I am not suggesting that you will get this from RSD. In fact it may have nothing to do with RSD, but it is something to consider if you experience any of these symptoms. These Auras are a pain in the buttocks. The flashes of light before my eyes are usually the first indicator that they are starting and shortly thereafter the black spots usually come one. I don't always get the strange smell but my nose does feel funny.

Just thought I would pass this info along since my Doc (eye doc) says that alot of the time a person gets misdiagnosed with something else.

Chin Up and All The Best! Mark

"MY MOMMA SAID THERE'D BE DAYS LIKE THIS!!!
ATallOne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote