View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 01:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
Suboxone .... ok, but will Suboxone control my coughing (Chronic Bronchitis) and RLS?

I am certainly willing to try it, but without some strong controls, my RLS seems to really be worse than before.

I cannot take cough syrups, even OTC types. Since drinking the drano at 3 years old, I have no tolerance for "hot" liquids. Even what my wife considers warm hot chocolate "burns" my throat and I throw it back up most of the time. I drink Iced Tea all year long. No coffee, etc.

The Air Force gave me "G.I. Gin" for my cough. One time. It came back up and they had trouble at the ER stopping my vomiting. I don't know why. Doctors don't think it is important enough to find out. Sort of like the old story...."Every time I put my hand in the flames it hurts. Dr. tells the patient to quit putting his hand in the fire." Codeine used to stop my coughing. Then it took Hydrocodone/Homatropine. Now... stronger drugs. I don't know if I am just getting older or if my system is weakening or all of the above.

If I cough too much, the mucus/sputum (whatever you want to call it) will break loose, as it is supposed to do when you cough, and I start gagging for air. CCHS, VCD, Chronic Bronchitis, Asthma, Allergies, etc. can kill me, so I have to be careful to control my coughing.
I'm not sure what effect Suboxone would have on your cough. It has some pain killing characteristics--but in my experience, it doesn do much for acute sorts of pain. Same goes for RLS--not sure. I know only one thing: if you want to get off opiates--this is a miracle drug that will help you do it--no--I take that back--it will do it for you. That is its main purpose.
brandtryan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote